Sunday, June 14, 2009

one of the team


E plays little league baseball here in town, this is his second year. last year his coach was a guy that I knew from high school he is a great guy who has a son E's age. The team was great with our family and we never had any issues. Long story shorter, the guy decided not to coach this year, and the wife and I and E were all a bit afraid of what would happen. We got to E's first practice and here came last years coach on his motorcycle, we were so Glad that at least E would have a friend on the team. Well the man parked his bike and walked up to us he was helping out with the team. I have never been happier to see a man in my life. So the year is about up and the wife and I have had a great time with the other parents,and the kids have been great. they are all super to E and to us. we got the best compliment when E started getting play dates and sleepover invites. We even got invited to go out with the parents one night. Sometimes it's nice to just be one of the team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame that we have to go through "the acceptance" process. But kudos for the both of you for having shown people that gays really do have a family life no different than theirs.

LilliGirl said...

I'm glad to hear you are one with the crew...I hope the day soon comes when it doen't surprise.