Tuesday, May 19, 2009

do ask do tell

I am sure that most of you have seen this video by now but I felt it was worth posting. I think that it is sad that so many brave Americans are losing their jobs . In this economy you would think that we would do all we can to keep all Americans working. I guess it just goes to show you that not all Americans can be expect the same freedoms even brave lesbian and gay soldiers fight for. This issue is close to my heart. The wife is former Air Force and she got out when she got pregnant for our son. She had many commendations and achievement medals. She was very good at her job, and more than that she enjoyed it. I also enjoyed being part of her unit family. I had the opportunity to make some very great friends. It always surprised me that she was as out as she was with the unit. They all new about us, they all excepted us as a family and the fact that the wife was gay was never and issue. It just seems crazy that she had to chose to get out before she was kicked out. All we can hope is that this backward policy will be gone soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, it's crazy and the promises that were made are not being acted on now.

How sad is it that for the gays who are serving, it's ok to get killed for your country as long as you deny who you are.

Anonymous said...

Lt. Dan Choi gave an amazing and what I thought was the best speech at the Fresno rally this past weekend. He had the crowd of 3,000 up on their feet cheering for him.