Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Proud MOM

Well today was k's biggest cross country meet of the season, it was the league championship. For some reason the cc Gods decides to drop the temp here in Ohio by about 30 degrees today and the kids had great weather to run in. Let me just start by saying this sport has taught me what it is to be a sport mom. I don't care who you are or where you place cc parents cheer for everyone, the first person to the last. You also yell encouragement to every child that looks like they need it, weathered you know the kid or not. It is a great group of people. I have had a great time this year and the wife and i feel like each of the kids are now at least a Little bit ours. It;s funny how that happens. But i digress all of our kids ran their guts out tonight, I have never Been so proud of a bunch of kids in my life. Our boys came in second place in the league and it was close only 4 points separated them from the win. However my wonderful, beautiful and talented daughter came in 2o Th beating her personal best time by 1min and 34 seconds. I have never seen this kid so determined. She ran so hard at the end that she blacked out for about 30 seconds. I was still doing my happy dance and missed it but she recovered and asked for a hot dog so i guess she was OK. any who she did sooo well that she has gotten her varsity letter in Cross Country and she is only a freshman. I am soooooo very proud of her. i am just beaming

No comments: