Sunday, January 10, 2010

long weekend

This weekend the wife went for her first weekend of reserve duty. I am supportive of this and love being a military family. It's just that I never expected to miss her like this. We are good at the long distance thing. When we met she was 8000 miles away. I think it has to do with the trouble that we were having, Even though the bad stuff is behind us and we are doing great it was hard to say goodbye to her on Thursday knowing that I wouldn't see her till tonight. We have talked we have texted and we have flirted like crazy, it has been fun. I forgot what it was like to love someone over the phone and the computer. It has been fun and even if she was miles away I feel like we connected again. I told a friend of mine that I was glad that I missed her. It was nice to sit around in her sweatshirt that smelled like her and miss her. It's even nicer to know that she missed me and is now on her way home to me. I think I'm going to like this return to military life!

p.s. Thanks to all that thanked her for her service, it's nice to know that what she does is appreciated!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a return of the love magic...that's what I call it and it feels great! Although, I've always put a dirty T-shirt on Harley's pillow, I never thought of doing the same for Mrs. Jude. next time

Angie said...

Awww... I appreciate her services as well. I am glad she is headed home though. Nice post

DawgDyke said...

Awwww look at you, all mushy! LOL

LilliGirl said...

you go, sweet thangs! I'm glad all is well. :)